Pharmaceutical Analysis Question Bank of Important Questions for B.Pharm 1st Year 1st-semester Students. These questions are most important from a semester exam perspective. So every student should study these important questions very carefully.
Pharmaceutical Analysis Question Bank
- Define Pharmaceutical Analysis and discuss about the scope of Pharmaceutical Analysis.
- Write the types of various techniques involved in Pharmaceutical Analysis. Explain them in brief.
- What do you mean by Instrumental Method of Analysis? List various types of instrumental method on analysis with physical properties involved.
- Define the term normality, molar and molal concentration.
- Explain the term equivalent weight and discuss the methods to calculate.
- What do you mean by volumetric analysis. Classify them with proper example.
- Discuss primary standard and secondery standard with examples.
- How will you prepare and standarize N/10 NaOH solution.
- Write about the preparation and standearization of 0.1N sodium thiosulphate.
Errors in Pharmaceutical Analysis
- What are error in Analysis? Classify different types of errors and explain the sources of errors.
- Explain different sources of errors. Discuss about the methods to minimize errors.
- What do you understand by the phrase significant figures?
- Explain the terms accuracy and precision.
Sources of Impurities in Medicinal Agents
- What do you mean by impurities. Discuss about different sources of impurities.
- What do you understand by the word limit test? Discuss about the limit test of sulphates.
- Explains the process of limit test in details.
Acid Base Titration
- What do you mean by neutralization titration and explain the theories of acids and bases.
- Explain the law of mass action.
- What is pH? Explain in details.
- Explain the term strong acid, weak acid, strong base and weak base.
- What do you mean by buffer solutions. How will you prepare buffer solutions. Give Example.
- What do you mean by indicator in titration.Explain the theories of Indicators.
- Clasiffy acid base titrations and explain each type with examples.
Non Aqueous Titration
- Explain estimation of sodium benoate.
- Write the estimation of Ephedrine HCl.
- What do you mean by non aquous titration.
- Write a note on solvents used in non aquous titraions.
- Write the theories involved in the precipitation titration.
- Discuss the concept of solubility product and its calculations.
- How will you prepare and standardize 0.1M silver nitrate solution.
- Discuss in details about Volhard’s method of titrations.
- Explains the Fajan’s method of titration.
- How NaCl is estimated using precipated titration.
- Explain the types of complexometry titrations.
- Discuss about the metal ion indicators.
- Write a note on masking and demasking agents.
- Explain the estimation of calcium gluconate.
- Define compexometric titrations and explains each type with suitable examples.
- What are metal ion indicators. Write a short note about them. What are the important features of metal ions.
- How will you estimate calcium gluconate using titrimetry?
- Define Gravimetry and What are are the principles of Gravimetry.
- Write the steps involved in gravimetry analysis in details.
- Discuss in details co precipitating agents.
- Write the method of estimation of barium chloride by gravimetry.
- Write the principles involed in Diazotization Titration.
- What are the conditiond influencing diazotization reaction.
- Discuss the principle, experimental proccedure and its application of diazotization reactions.
- Define redox titration and explain the concept of oxidation and reduction.
- What do you mean by half reaction.
- Explain the term redox potential in details.
- Write the method of oxidation reduction reactions.
- Explains the method involved for the detection of endpoint in redox titration.
- Define equivalent weight and explain the methods for calculations of equivalent weight.
- Discuss the types of redox titrations with suitable examples.
- Discuss bromometry.
- Disccuss Iodometry and Iodimetry.
- Explain ceriometry.
- Define the term specific conductance and equivalent conductance.
- Write the principle of conductometry?
- What do you mean by molar conductance?
- Write a detailed note on various types of conductivity cells.
- Explain the principles and different types of conductometry titrations.
- Write the application of conductometry.
- Write the principles of potentiometry.
- What are refernce electrodes? Discuss the working and and construction of any two reference electrodes.
- What are indicator electrodes.
- Discuss the construction, working, advantage, disadvantages of normal hydrogen electrode.
- Write a note on potentiometry titration.
- Whats is grants plot? Explain.
- What do you mean by dead stop end point method.
- Write a note on ion selective electrodes.
- What is Polarography? Explain the theories involved in Polarography.
- Write the ilkovic equation and discuss about the factors affecting Ilkovic Equation.
- Discuss the construction, working and application of Polarographic equipment.
- What are maxima supprssor. Give a example of Maxima Suppressor.
- Write a note on quantitiative polarographic method.
- Explain half wave potential in Polarography.
If you want to submit your notes to help students you can contact us for submitting your notes. To contact us click here. If you find this post ” Pharmaceutical Analysis Question Bank of Important Questions “ helpful then share it with your friends also.
Download our android app MyPharmaGuide