- Version 1
- Download 622
- File Size 900kb
- Create Date August 18, 2020
PRECIPITATION TITRATION PDF NOTE FREE Download For Pharmacy Students.
Precipitation is the formation of a solid in a solution and solid formed is called the
• A precipitation reaction occurs when water solutions of two different ionic compounds
are mixed and an insoluble solid separates out of solution.
Eg:- KCl + AgNO3 <-----> AgCl↓ + KNO3
(Cl- solution) (Precipitating agent) (Precipitate)
• The precipitation is itself ionic, the cation comes from one solution and anion from another.
• Precipitation of ionic products forces the reaction to completion.
• The requirement for a reaction to be useful in titrimetric analysis are:
1. The precipitate must be practically insoluble
2. The precipitation reaction should be rapid and quantitative.
3. The titration result should not be hampered by adsorption (co-precipitation) effects.
4. It must be possible to detect the equivalence point during titration.