- Version 1
- Download 1384
- File Size 700kb
- Create Date August 17, 2020
Download Nervous System PDF Notes HAP Free For Pharmacy Students.
Functions of the Nervous System
1. Gathers information from both inside and outside the body - Sensory Function
2. Transmits information to the processing areas of the brain and spine
3. Processes the information in the brain and spine – Integration Function
4. Sends information to the muscles, glands, and organs so they can respond appropriately – Motor
It controls and coordinates all essential functions of the body including all other body systems
allowing the body to maintain homeostasis or its delicate balance.
The Nervous System is divided into Two Main Divisions: Central Nervous System (CNS) and
the Peripheral Nervous System (PNS)