FUNDAMENTALS OF VOLUMETRIC ANALYSIS PDF Note Download Free For Pharmacy Students. Requirement for Volumetric Analysis
For use of chemical reaction in volumetric methods, the reaction should fulfill some of the requirements.
These are as follows:-
1. The reaction should be simple & expressed by a well defined chemical equation.
2. The reaction should be rapid.
3. The reaction must proceed to completion when an equivalent amount of standard
solution has been added. This gives satisfactory end point detection.
4. There must be some sharp change in either physical or chemical properties of the
solution at the equivalence point.
5. Reaction should have some simple method for the detection of end point or
equivalence point of titration.
• The requirements above are not always realized for every volumetric method.
• Many volumetric methods can also be applied where one or more of the above
requirements are not ideally met.