Get Latest Updates About Pharmacy Notes, Books and Many More
Download Pharmacogenetics PPT For Free. Pharmacogenetics is that the study of the genetic factors that influence drug response and toxicity.
We have shared important PowerPoint Presentations (PPT) and PDF files related to Pharmacogenetics in this post you can easily read or even can download them free.
1. Overview of Pharmacogenetics PPT
- The study of genetically controlled variations in drug response.
- Pharmacogenetics is the special area of biochemical genetics that deals with variation in drug response and the contribution of genetics to such variation.
- Monogenic: due to allelic variation at a single gene
- Polygenic: due to variations at two or more gene
- Polymorphic: frequently occurring monogenic variants occurring at a frequency >1%
2. Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics
Contents of this PPT
- Background and Introduction
- Importance and Goals of Pharmacogenomics
- Pharmacogenetic Phenotypes
- Pharmacogenomic tests
- Pharmacogenetics & Drug development
- Pharmacogenetics in clinical practice
- Advantages and barriers of pharmacogenomics
3. Genetic Polymorphism in Drug Metabolism
- Genetic polymorphism is the variations in DNA sequences
- This explain some of the variability in drug- metabolizing enzyme activities which contribute to
- alterations in drug clearance and
- impact patients’ response to drug therapy
4. Drug Discovery and Development
- In the past most drugs have been discovered either by identifying the active ingredient from traditional remedies or by serendipitous discovery
- But now we know diseases are controlled at molecular and physiological level
- Also shape of an molecule at atomic level is well understood.
- Information of Human Genome
5. Aptamers Based Drug Delivery
- Aptamers are oligonucleotide or peptide molecules that bind to specific target molecule.
- Aptamers are usually created by selecting them from a large random sequence pool, but natural aptamers also exist in riboswitches.
- Aptamers can be combined with ribozymes to self-cleave in the presence of their target molecule.
- They range in size from 20 to 80 bases (6-26kda).
6. Personalized Medicines
- Personalized medicine.
- Dosage forms for personalized medicine.
- Categories of patients for personalized medicine.
- Customized drug delivery systems.
- 3D printing of pharmaceuticals.
- Bioelectric Medicines
The content of mypharmaguide.com is provided for information and educational purposes only. We are not the owner of any PDF Material/Books/Notes/Articles published on this website. No claim is made as to the accuracy or authenticity of the PDF Material/Books/Notes/Articles of the website. In no event will this site or owner be liable for the accuracy of the information contained on this website or its use. mypharmaguide.com provides freely available PDF Material/Books/Notes/Articles on the Internet or other resources like Links etc. This site does not take any responsibility and legal obligations due to the illegal use and abuse of any information published on the website. No responsibility is taken for any information that may appear on any linked websites.
We are also providing the D.Pharm Notes and B.Pharm Notes for free. You can download and read them also. If you like the post “Free Download Pharmacogenetics PPT in 2021” kindly share it and support us. For university question papers download our android app