Are you searching for the right Books For Drugs Inspector Exam ? Here all your search has come to an end. In the next sessions of this post, we will be discussing all the detailed information about Drug inspectors along with the best books and previous year question papers for Drug inspectors for clearing the drug inspector exam.
Book for the Drug Inspector Exam
You will get the latest details about this course on our website MyPharmaGuide. We at MyPharmaGuide share all kind of latest information related to the Medical world and Pharmacy world. You will get all kind of PDF Books and Notes here. Moreover, we share Question Papers, Articles related to Medical and Pharmacy world.
- Book for the Drug Inspector Exam
- Who are Drug Inspectors
- Duties and Key Skills for Drug Inspector Exam
- Eligibility criteria to become a Drug Inspector
- Drug Inspector Syllabus
- Exam Pattern of Drug Inspector
- Books for the Drug Inspector
- Previous Year Drug Inspector Question Papers
- Drug Inspector Salary
- Benefits of becoming a Drug Inspector
Hello aspirants, every year lakhs of students enrolled in various colleges to undergraduate courses under the various pharmacy courses and subjects. They all hold some dreams and a lot of reasons through which they decide to join these courses. Among these students, most of them have a target of becoming drug inspectors. To become a drug inspector following the books for drugs inspector exam with correct study plans are going to play a crucial role. So in the below section of this part, we have provided the links to download the best books, which can help you a lot. But before going to that part let’s underhand the various steps involved in this process and gain all the basic information regarding a drug inspector.
Who are Drug Inspectors
To become a Drug Inspector is a dream of almost every Pharmacy students. The problem is many of them are unknown about the process of selections of the profession Drug Inspector. Drug Inspector is one the best highest paying government job for the graduated B.Pharm students who have experience in the field of manufacturing for more than 3 years. Drugs inspectors are experts in monitoring and executing efficiency, safety, quality and usefulness of drugs from the production stage to the final stage. To become a drug inspector candidates have to qualify through the selection process of UPSC and or SPSCs. Carrier as a Drug Inspector is a very good choice but you have to struggle to become a Drug Inspector. You have to read some best books for drugs inspector exam.
Duties and Key Skills for Drug Inspector Exam
It is not so easy to become a Drug Inspector in India. You have to go through different selection processes to become a successful one. Duties of a Drug Inspector are given below.
- Carry out duties assigned under Drugs and Cosmetics Rule.
- Work with Drug Safety Association as Drug Safety Officer.
- They are specialized in finding the adverse effects of Drugs available in markets.
- Taking out samples
You must have the below given skills to become a successful drug inspector
- Drugs inspectors must have been disciplined and must have the patience to achieve excellence in the pharma area.
- candidates also must have the capability to find differences between fake and original chemicals.
Eligibility criteria to become a Drug Inspector
Candidates must have to pass the following criteria to be a Drug Inspector.
- Candidates must have a bachelor degree in pharmacy/pharmaceutical sciences with at least 45% marks
- Candidates must have three years of experience in testing and analysis.
- Candidates must have qualified in 2 written exams and an interview of Drug Inspectors.
- The recruitment of Drug Inspectors is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and different SPSCs (State Public Service Commission).
Drug Inspector Syllabus
The syllabus for the Drug Inspector Examination is discussed below.
Paper 1: Pharmacy
- Unit-1- FORENSIC PHARMACY
- Drugs and Cosmetic Act, 1940 and Rules thereunder, 1945 with amendments.
- Pharmacy Act, 1948
- Drug Price Control Order, 1995
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, 1971
- Poison Act, 1919 and Dangerous Drugs Act, 1930
- Drugs and Magic Remedy Act, 1954
- Medical and Toilet Preparation Act, 1955
- Prevention of Cruelty to Animal Act
- Trademark Registration Act
- Pharmaceutical Ethics
- Unit-2- MANUFACTURING PHARMACY
- Tablet and Tablet coating
- Emulsion, Suspension, Ointment and Cream
- Ophthalmic Solutions
- Blood Fluid and Electrolytes
- Parenteral preparation and Quality Control
- Surgical Dressing
- Biological preparation … (Sera, Vaccine and Anti-Sera)
- Unit-3- PHARMACEUTICAL ANALYSIS
- Limit Test
- Sterility Test
- Pyrogen Test
- Theory & Application of Colorimeter, Fluorimeter, Nephelometer and Turbidometer, U.V.Visilile Spectrophotometer
- Kerl Fischer Titration
- Alcohol determination
- Microbiological Assay of Vitamins, Antibiotics and Vaccine Preparation
- Unit-4- MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
Structure, Storage, Preparation & Brand names of the Following Classes (Definition, Classification etc.) :
- Sedatives and Hypnotics
- Psycho-therapeutic Agents
- Antihistamine Agent
- Analgesics (narcotic, non-narcotic and NSAID)
- Cardiovascular Agents
- Unit-5- PHARMACOGNOSY
- Source, Chemical constituents, uses and adulteration of the following classes of natural drugs, Rauwolfia, Ipecacuahna, Belladonna, Cinchona, Cinnamon, Digitalis, Senna, Aloe, Noxvomica, Opium, Kurchi, Brahmi, Tulsi, Bael and Ephedra.
- Unit-6- PHARMACOLOGY & TOXICOLOGY
- Introduction and General Principle
- Mode of action
- Drug receptor interaction
- Drug, antagonist
- metabolism and excretion of drugs
- Routes of administration
- Drug dependence and addiction
- Drug abuse and toxicity
- Adverse drug reaction
- Drug allergy
- Unit-7- HOSPITAL & CLINICAL PHARMACY
- Handling of prescription
- Storage conditions of drugs
- Clinical Pharmacy and its role in Hospital.
- Unit-8 – ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY & HEALTH EDUCATION
- Elementary knowledge of following systems:-Blood, Digestive system, Respiratory system, Eye, Ear, Reproductive system and urinary system.
- Nutrition, First aid, Population Control, Aids Control.
Paper 2: General Knowledge
Exam Pattern of Drug Inspector
|Details||Paper I||Paper II|
|Subject Name||Pharmacy||General Knowledge|
|No. of objective MCQs||100||50|
|Duration of Exam||2 hour||1 hour|
Books for the Drug Inspector
Best Books for the drug inspector exam has been shared below with the download links
|Book Name||Author Name||Download Link|
|Forensic Pharmacy||C. Kokate||Click Here to Download|
|Pharmaceutics-I: General and Dispensing Pharmacy||Gupta||Click Here to Download|
|Dispensing Pharmacy||RM Mehta||Click Here to Download|
|Tutorial Pharmacy||Cooper and Gunn||Click Here to Download|
|Textbook of Forensic Pharmacy||GP Mohanty||Click Here to Download|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge||Lucent||Click Here to Download|
Previous Year Drug Inspector Question Papers
Drug Inspector Salary
Drugs Inspector is one of the highest paying jobs available in India for the graduated Pharmacy students. A newbie Drug Inspector can expect monthly INR35000 to INR55000. As per the Pay Matrix Level – 7, a drug inspector earns anywhere from INR 44,900 per months to INR 1,42,400 per month.
Benefits of becoming a Drug Inspector
After doing a lot of hard work and meeting various requirements, finally, if you are posted as a Drug Inspector. Then there are a lot of thing waiting for you, all there facilities and benefits of a drug inspector areas mentioned below:
- You will have legal power in this field
- Job security
- High salary
- Various government facilities such as EPF, Travel funds, holidays, and a lot of other stuff.
- A lot of respect for the health and pharma sector
- Along with this a chance to serve society and humanity.
Hope after going through the above parts of this post you have no doubt left about the drug inspector. And also able to access the books for the drug inspector exam for free. Hope this post was really helpful in your exam preparations. If still, you face any problem regarding any of the information published above, feel free to reach out to us using the below comment box.