Pharmaceutical Biotechnology Notes free download for GPAT, NIPER, and University Semester Exam.
Pharmaceutical Biotechnology Notes 6th Semester PDF Free Download – 2021
Introduction to Biotechnology
- Brief introduction to Biotechnology with reference to Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Enzyme Biotechnology- Methods of enzyme immobilization and applications.
- Biosensors- Working and applications of biosensors in Pharmaceutical Industries.
- Brief introduction to Protein Engineering.
- Use of microbes in industry. Production of Enzymes- General consideration – Amylase, Catalase, Peroxidase, Lipase, Protease, Penicillinase.
- Basic principles of genetic engineering
- Study of cloning vectors, restriction endonucleases and DNA ligase.
- Recombinant DNA technology. Application of genetic engineering in medicine.
- Application of r DNA technology and genetic engineering in the products:Interferon b) Vaccines- hepatitis- B c) Hormones- Insulin
- Brief introduction to PCR
- Types of immunity-humoral immunity, cellular immunity.
Types of Immunity, Humoral Immunity and Cellular Immunity
- Structure of Immunoglobulins, Structure and Function of MHC
- Hypersensitivity reactions, Immune stimulation and Immune suppressions.
- General method of the preparation of bacterial vaccines, toxoids, viral vaccine, antitoxins, serum-immune blood derivatives and other products relative to immunity.
- Storage conditions and stability of official vaccines
- Hybridoma technology- Production, Purification and Applications
- Immuno blotting techniques- ELISA, Western blotting, Southern blotting.
- Genetic organization of Eukaryotes and Prokaryotes
- Microbial genetics including transformation, transduction, conjugation, plasmids and transposons.
- Introduction to Microbial biotransformation and applications.
- Blood Products: Collection, Processing and Storage of whole human blood, dried human plasma, plasma Substituties.
- Fermentation methods and general requirements, study of media, equipments, sterilization methods, aeration process, stirring.
- Large scale production fermenter design and its various controls.
- Study of the production of – penicillins, citric acid, Vitamin B12, Glutamic acid, Griseofulvin
Pharmaceutical Biotechnology Questions with Answers
The content of mypharmaguide.com is provided for information and educational purposes only. We are not owner of the any PDF Material/Books/Notes/Articles published in this website. No claim is made as to the accuracy or authenticity of the PDF Material/Books/Notes/Articles of the website. In no event will this site or owner be liable for the accuracy of the information contained on this website or its use. mypharmaguide.com provides freely available PDF Material/Books/Notes/Articles on the Internet or other resources like Links etc. This site does not take any responsibility and legal obligations due to illegal use and abuse of any information published on the website. No responsibility is taken for any information that may appear on any linked websites.
We are also providing the D.Pharm Notes and B.Pharm Notes for free. You can download and read them also. If you like the post ”Pharmaceutics 1 Book PDF Free Download” kindly share it and support us. For university question papers download our android app